I had a ton of avocados that really need to be eaten… okay maybe really only 6. But the need was real. So between this and the only protein left in my home being shrimp. This super easy and amazingly delicious recipe is born.
The wonderful aroma of browning butter and garlic is the thing my dreams are made of. So try this one out tonight. You only need 5 minutes and you will have this deliciously warm comfort food ready to enjoy.
Starting out, you only need 3 ingredients, everything here plus ghee (or grass-fed butter if not on Whole 30). Not the best picture, but you get the idea 🙂
Next is just to start browning your butter. Really recommend making sure your butter is beautifully browned before adding in your shrimp. The shrimp (even if uncooked) cooks up really quick. So to make sure it stays nice and tender, you only want to add in your shrimp at the very end.
So dice your avocado in the peel with a butter knife, and then spoon out into a bowl
Then when your shrimp is cooked, add to the avocado, and stir real quick. And that’s it!
Here’s the full recipe:
Yields 2 Servings
5 minCook Time
5 minTotal Time
- 4 Tbsp Ghee (or grass-fed butter if not on Whole30)
- 6 Cloves Garlic, minced finely
- 2 Avocados, diced and peeled
- 4 cups Shrimp (shelled)
- In a skillet on medium-high heat, melt ghee.
- Add in garlic, cook until ghee and garlic is lightly browned.
- While that cooks, prep avocado and put aside in a separate bowl.
- Add in shrimp to skillet, cook only until shrimp is pink. Or if shrimp was precooked, only cook until hot. Be careful to not overcook.
- Add cooked shrimp to avocado and serve immediately.
Subscribe to get our latest content by email and access to extra freebies, tips and tricks & promotions.