This week has been hectic, we have been piecing together meals all week. And this one is no exception.
There are a number of things I keep on hand no matter how barren my fridge and pantry are. They are:
- Chicken Thighs
- Romaine Lettuce (prewashed)
- Kale or Spinach
- Almond or Cashew Milk (homemade)
- Coconut Milk
- Chickpeas (dried)
Because no matter what mood I am in when I get home from a ridiculous day at work or weekend activities – I can always put together some kind of dinner.
This chicken recipe comes from my love of all things garlic and onion. A true Ukrainian through and through. No savory meal is complete without this taste combination.
And chicken thighs are just great for any meal. Solely because they are cheap and cook up flavorful and quickly every time – what more could you ask for 🙂
Yields 2 Servings
5 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 5 to 8 Chicken Thighs
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Tumeric
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Ground Pepper
- 4 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Bell Pepper (I used Orange)
- 1 Head of Romaine Lettuce (washed and diced)
- Salad dressing of your choice (I like this one from Primal Paleo )
- 6 Carrots (peeled and diced)
- Wash chicken thighs and pat dry
- Mix together onion powder, cumin, garlic powder, tumeric, cumin and pepper in a separate bowl
- Cover chicken thighs in seasoning, and then add olive oil and thoroughly coat chicken with the seasoning and oil
- Grill chicken on barbecue or in skillet until no longer pink inside or digital thermometer read 165*F
- While chicken is cooking prep remaining items
- In a medium sized pot, bring 1" of water to boil, add in carrots and cook until soft
- Combine lettuce, pepper and dressing
- When chicken and carrots are done - serve and enjoy!
Feel free to get adventurous and add some additions or substitutions to this rub, maybe red chili flakes, chili powder, celery salt, really can try anything. Let me know in the comments below – would love to try out some of your combinations!