This chicken is also great baked with the salsa spooned over top. But who has the time?? Tonight try this one on the stove top and is it is all done in less then 30 minutes.
But need to get dinner on the table even quicker?? Just slice your chicken into bite sized pieces before cooking it up and this meal will be ready in less then 15 minutes. It is the perfect high protein / low carb meal without having to sacrificing flavour.
So now onto making the meal, with only 2 ingredients, this chicken is as simple as browning them up in your skillet, and then add salsa. Yet still I was eagerly awaiting it to cook the whole time. I sure didn’t eat enough today, and I always find when this is the case it will hit me at 4pm. I am ravenously hungry and it takes a lot to stick to my plan and not pick something up on the way home. But, just as I preach – keep to the plan and cook at home. I never regret it, I hope you don’t either 🙂
So now that your chicken is cooked, you literally just plop a good sized amount of salsa over top and let it simmer while you steam your veggies.
Super simple and delicious – the way paleo is intended to be!
Here is the full recipe:
Yields 4 Servings
30 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 4 Chicken Breasts (or any cut of poultry you have on hand)
- 1 Cup Salsa
- 4 Handfuls of Vegetables, peeled and cut into bite sized pieces (I used carrots and broccoli, as that's what I had on hand)
- In a skillet, on medium-high heat, brown chicken.
- When browned, and almost cooked through, spoon salsa over top.
- In a separate pot, steam veggies in 1" water.
- When chicken is cooked through, serve with veggies.