Summer has officially arrived when I have more rhubarb then I know what to do with. And after making crumble and giving some away I thought it could be interesting to experiment with a more savory rendition.
The combination of the roasted garlic and the rhubarb will surprise you. Never had I tried a savory rhubarb dish, but this one definitely makes me want to try some others.
This recipe is amazing! The tangy rhubarb and the touch of honey and garlic compliment it so well. Definitely need to try this recipe tonight!
Yields 4 Servings
5 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
- 4 Chicken breasts, sliced in half to make thinner pieces
- 2 stalks Rhubarb, cleaned and diced finely
- 1 tbsp thyme (or 1 bunch fresh)
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar (optional)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 6 cloves garlic
- 6 potatoes, diced into bite sized pieces
- 1 bunch asparagus, woody ends trimmed off
- 6 tbsp oil of your choice
- Preheat oven to 400*F
- On a baking sheet, place potatoes, 2 tbsp oil, thyme and garlic. Bake in oven.
- In a skillet on high heat with 2 tbsp of oil brown chicken and ensure cooked through (don't overcook). Take chicken off heat and put aside.
- Flip potatoes to prevent burning, add asparagus to potatoes in oven with 2 tbsp oil.
- In same skillet as the chicken was in, put in rhubarb, garlic cloves from the potatoes, honey, and white wine vinegar and let cook about 4 minutes until reduced and rhubarb softens. Add butter and mix until melted.
- Add chicken back to rhubarb sauce, bring back to a boil.
Serve and enjoy!
Inspiration from: Blue Apron’s recipe at https://www.blueapron.com/recipes/honey-rhubarb-chicken-with-asparagus-fingerling-potatoes
Subscribe to get our latest content by email and access to extra freebies, tips and tricks & promotions.