We are lucky that where we live in Canada, we can find paleo (and Whole30) compliant sausages. Planet Organic is awesome for this. But sausages are something we keep on hand in the freezer and stock up on when they go on sale.
They aren’t the healthiest choice – but when you need something you can defrost fast and cook up without a whole lot of effort. They are perfect.
So here is our dinner for tonight – been working on the blog since I got home from work, and in between walking the dogs and tidying up the house. Not really in the mood for building a huge meal.
But as simple as this is, sausages are great. Defrost quickly, and add any veggie we have on hand. Keeping to healthy choices, in our home, means also enjoying fast options in moderation.
Yields 4 Servings
20 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- Paleo Sausages (check the packaging carefully)
- 1 Head Cauliflower (washed, remove stem and cut into large segments)
- 2 Avocado (peeled, sliced)
- 2 tbsp butter
- In skillet, on high heat, add sausages with 1 cup water. Cover and let cook. Stirring occasionally. (water will boil down, just helps with cooking them faster without drying them out)
- Bring about 3" of water to boil in medium/large pot. Then add in cauliflower
- When cauliflower is soft, drain and add butter. Mash by hand with a potato masher.
- Sausages are done when water has evaporated and sausages have browned on both sides.
- Dish out and add avocado on top.
Have any ideas for quick and easy meals? Please comment below!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email and access to extra freebies, tips and tricks & promotions.