Meatballs with tomato sauce isn’t just for pasta! We will eat this on a weekly basis with any number of other side. Delicious and easy to prepare every time.
Simple to make – but need it to be even simpler??
Don’t make meatballs, just brown your ground beef and add in your tomato sauce.
So first off, this recipe either calls for tomato sauce or possibly you have the time and fresh tomatoes needing to be used up that you could make our homemade sauce!
But if you don’t have the time or tomatoes on hand, don’t worry. Below is how to make this same recipe but with canned tomato puree (tomato sauce but without added ingredients).
With only 5 ingredients, and some easy spices, you will be eating within 30 minutes. First, you want to make your meatballs, and get them cooking.
Don’t stir your meatballs until they have had a chance to really cook and set. And when they are brown, add in your tomato sauce. And start steaming your vegetables. It’s that simple!
Or want a paleo option for pasta? We have a cheat sheet for Paleo Noodle Options!
Now for the complete recipe!
Yields 4 Servings
5 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 3 lbs Ground Beef (or any kind of meat you like)
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Celery Salt
- 1 Egg
- 1 14oz can pureed tomatoes (tomato sauce with no other ingredients)
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1/2 tsp Tumeric
- 1/2 tsp Celery Salt
- 1/2 tsp Oregano
- 1 tbsp Minced Dried Onion (or Onion Powder)
- 2 Tbsp Garlic Powder
- 2 heads Broccoli, chopped
- 4 Carrots, peeled and chopped
- In a large bowl, mix all the meatball ingredients together well. Form into meatballs and cook in skillet over medium-high heat.
- While meatballs cook, prep veggies.
- Once meatballs have fully cooked and are browned, add in all the tomato sauce ingredients. Let simmer over medium-low heat.
- In a saucepan, steam veggies in 1" water.
- When veggies are ready, tomato sauce and meatballs should be ready too.
- Serve and enjoy!
Let me know how your dinner turns out, comment below!