Making sure you have food on hand is essential to completing a Whole30 (and still having some friends). Things don’t go well when you are trying to come up with ideas and cook it while you are already hungry.
Having extra meals on hand like this one make eating Whole30, or even just healthy in general, even when there is temptation to do otherwise.
And this recipe is SOO easy and no-nonsense.
Right now beef in our city is ridiculously expensive, so we have turned to ground pork and turkey to make things cheaper. But really, any kind of meat you have on hand or is on sale will turn out great in this dish. Starting off, the only prep work you need to do is brown the pork (or whatever type of meat you are going to use) and if you have the time, brown your minced onion as well.
And then everything else just gets thrown into your slow cooker. And the best part is that you can let this meal cook all day while you are at work. The longer it cooks, the better it gets. I cooked mine for 9 hours and the sweet potatoes were still perfectly cooked and it tasted great!
Yields 4 Servings
15 minPrep Time
6 hrCook Time
6 hr, 15 Total Time
- 5lb Ground Pork (or whatever ground meat you have on hand)
- 1 large Onion (peeled and minced)
- 1 Large Sweet Potato (peeled and cubed)
- 1 cans of 14oz Diced Tomatoes
- 2 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 1/2 tsp Oregano
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder
- Brown onion and ground park in a skillet on medium high heat.
- While that is cooking, prep and put all remaining ingredients into slow cooker.
- When onion and ground meat is browned, add to slow cooker and give a quick stir to combine.
- Cook for 6 to 10 hours (longer you cook it the better the flavors come together)
Let me know how yours turned out! Comment below!