Fall and winter just bring with it an air of needing to enjoy delicious soups. And this recipe for broccoli soup will have you enjoying broccoli again in ways you never knew you could!!
This rich and creamy soup packs in 3 servings of vegetables per serving – and you won’t even taste it!
Want to make this soup paleo or Whole 30 compliant? Just substitute olive oil for butter and 1 cup Nutritional Yeast and 1/2 tsp salt for the cheese. And you won’t have to worry, as the flavour will still be great.
For this recipe, there is no added broth, because all the flavors don’t even need it. The important step is to make sure you cook the onions and garlic at the beginning until they are deep brown. This adds flavour to your soup without much work.
Once your onions and garlic have browned, you add in the cashew milk and veggies to your pot, and let simmer until the veggies are all well cooked.
After that, all that’s left to do is puree it in a blender with the tapioca starch and then add in the cheese and stir until fully melted.
Now for the full recipe!
Serves 4 Servings
15 minPrep Time
45 minCook Time
1 hrTotal Time
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Large Onion, minced
- 1 Head Garlic, minced
- 2 Celery Stalks, diced
- 4 Carrots, peeled and diced
- 3 Tsp Tapioca Starch
- 3 Cups Water
- 2 Cups Raw Cashews
- 2 Broccoli Crowns, minced
- 2 1/2 Cups Extra Old Cheddar (270 grams)
- 1/2 Tsp Pepper
- In a large soup pot, over medium heat melt butter.
- Add in onion, let slightly brown
- Add in garlic, cook until very brown
- Add in celery and carrots, let cook for a few minutes
- In a blender, puree raw cashews and water, then add to soup.
- Add in broccoli, and let all cook until veggies are well cooked.
- Puree soup in a blender (or with an immersion blender), adding in tapioca starch to the blender to combine well.
- Bring pureed soup back to a boil to let thicken, then add in cheese and pepper. Stir continuously until cheese is fully melted and then remove from heat.
- Serve and enjoy!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email and access to extra freebies, tips and tricks & promotions.